This was going to be a post about what we ate while watching the Golden Globes this weekend, but since I missed that boat I think it’s more fittingly a post about what you should be eating during Puppy Bowl VIII!
The starting lineup was just announced and that’s Deliliah. You can watch her get sporty at Puppy Bowl VIII which airs on Animal Planet, February 5th at 3pm E/P. It’s no secret that we love a TV event around here, what better excuse for snacks? Our favorite snack with a fitting name for one of our absolute favorite TV events? Dog Food Dip! This recipe started with my dear friend, Meighan, who has made it for parties, barbecues, Justin Timberlake’s HBO concert special. Seriously. No party, TV event or red carpet has been the same without it since. It will be her legacy and she’s kindly allowing me to share it.
I’m gonna warn you, it’s not photogenic. But once you’ve had it, I swear, there is no going back.
Vegetarian Dog Food Dip
- 1 8oz bar of cream cheese
- 1 can of vegetarian chili (I like Amy’s)
- 1 can of vegetarian refried beans (I like Bearitos)
- 12oz of shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread the softened cream cheese on the bottom of an 8″ square baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the chili and beans together. Layer the mixture on top of the cream cheese.
- Top the dish with the shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 350° until cheese is melted and bubbly then serve with a strong tortilla chip.
It really couldn’t be easier, or more delicious. So have some while you’re rooting for the puppies and reveling in the beauty that is the Bissell Kitty Half-time Show. It’s especially good the next day, if it lasts that long!