This? or This? Nightstands

Guest Room Nightstand

Remember the guest room? There it is. Like my cute little Thomas Paul boy pillow? He’s totally cute. Look, he’s wearing a jaunty scarf! Anyway, let’s get to the point here. See that nightstand? Nope? What’s that? You only see a 10+ year old Ikea rolling office cabinet? Yup, that’s the problem. Ugh. Plus it’s too small for that lamp and a candle and the aforementioned guest copy of Us Weekly. It’s got to go.

So, let’s play a game…

West Elm Mid-Century or Turned-Leg Nightstand

What do you think? Mid-Century and wood or vermillion lacquer yet traditional? Intervention? Do I need to step away from the West Elm? Let me know in the comments!

Twitter Facebook

Related posts:

8 Responses to “This? or This? Nightstands”

1. JoAnn February 2, 2012 at 9:12 am #

mid-century

2. Fara February 2, 2012 at 9:57 am #

Between the two, I would go with the Mid-Century on the left. I think it’s a better fit for the room and it’s more updated. I like this game!

3. Suburban Snapshots February 2, 2012 at 10:02 am #

I LOVE that Mid-Century nightstand, but I see how the soft curves and color of the traditional one would add some nice contrast to the decor. In general, the latter, but in your room, the vermillion.

4. Sharon Hardy February 2, 2012 at 10:22 am #

Love the mid-century! I’m sold on the legs and double drawers.

5. Aaron February 2, 2012 at 10:54 am #

Really tough call. I think they both would look great and they are the same price. I think I would go with the mid-century, but only because it has 2 drawers instead of 1.

• •k• February 2, 2012 at 11:21 am #

Aaron and Sharon (it rhymes!) I’m thinking the double drawers could be the dealbreaker too. What if they made the mid-century one in red lacquer!? West Elm, can you hear me?

6. missy February 2, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

Mid century. More versatile?

7. crystal February 3, 2012 at 7:59 pm #

I was just at West Elm and they had these on display next to each other. They are both great but the mid-century would go in my place better so I was coveting it (though I don’t need it). In the end I bought a small kitchen rug and got the heck out.